What recreational activities are in the area?
Encanto residents will enjoy a rainwater fed pool, a mile-long nature trail, and on-site recreational activities. Additionally, Encanto's concierge service can arrange all of the activities listed below.
- A guided or self-guided tour on horseback, through mountain paths
and sandy beaches.
- Kite surfing instruction and equipment rental.
- Sportfishing in Zancudo and Pavones.
- Snorkeling and sailing tours.
- Guided nature and wildlife tours to hidden waterfalls and tidal pools.
- Visit the Guaymi Indian Reservation.
- Tour beaches and surf breaks by car, 4x4 or boat.
- Visit nationally protected botanical gardens in Golfito.
- Guided bird watching is available at Tiskita Lodge.
- Pickup and league (local and national) soccer games are popular in
- Yoga instruction at Encanto, in your residence or at nearby yoga
- Watch turtle hatchings with volunteer wildlife groups.
- Enjoy restorative spa services and therapies in your residence or
at practitioners' studios.
- Visit the Osa Peninsula by boat.
When are the swells for surfing? Winds for windsurfing and kite surfing?
Pavones breaks on a south and southwest swell, which is picks up in March and peaks in the rainy months of September and October. Winds are usually calm in the morning, and thermal breezes build into the afternoon fairly consistently throughout the year.
Isn't Pavones a "serious" wave?
Yes and no. Pavones has a 1500+ meter long wave. The outside section, i.e. the Point, is for experts. By the time the wave reaches the inside section, i.e. "Kiddie Corner", it has lost much of its energy and is softer. Venus Surf Adventures runs a local surf camp, and their beginner clients frequently catch their first-ever wave at Kiddie Corner. Further along, the beach is soft and sandy. Local pros are available for lessons at very reasonable prices.
Can I keep a boat at Encanto?
In Golfito, Zancudo, or Puerto Jimenez, in the Osa Peninusla, several full service marinas are available. Golfito has several commercial marinas and a variety of marine shops and repair specialists. In Golfito, we recommend Banana Bay (www.bananabaymarina.com), a full service marina and very good restaurant. Boats can also be anchored off shore in the protected bay near Encanto, Bahia de Pavones.
Are there sharks or crocodiles?
No and no.
What's the fishing like?
The Golfo Dulce, a rare tropical fiord is renowned for its world class sport fishing. Marlin, grouper, red snapper, tuna, roosterfish, snook, dorado are common sports fishing catches. On charter boats, billfish are strictly catch and release.
In addition to the web sites above, check out the local fishing scene
Roosterfish and humpback whale sighting: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jJihzY_tMpQ
For more information
Have another different question? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org